Friday, December 07, 2007

Family search

I have just been looking at your web site trying to find out information about Roeburn House Wray which I understand was at one time a silk mill.
I have been doing family history and have found lots of relations working in the mill at Wray on the 1851 and 1861 census. Relations were also listed at hatters---do you have any information about this line of work?
Would there be any one who could help me with my family research? Two of the relations are buried in Holy Trinity churchyard-- Henry Gillgrass who died in 1852 and buried with his wife, daughter and son-in-law as well as John Gillgrass who died in 1877 with his wife, daughter and son.
I had other relations in Wray--these being Henry Parker who was a farmer on the 1841 census and a proprieter of properties on the 1851 census. His wife was Betty and their son Robert married Jane Gillgrass--daughter of Henry. Henry Parker's daughter Sarah married a Thomas Coupland who was a bobbin factory owner and also farmed.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read this letter.
Regards Pamela Edgar

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home